Saturday, November 7, 2015

Considering visual elements

In the following post I consider my visual elements
Screenshot taken by Dylan Cotter 11/7/2015 "Coldplay" Public Domain Usage

1. What color tone reflects the visual rhetoric of my project

  • A blue color tone would reflect the peaceful objective of my paper 
  • I would stay away from red or  any confrontational colors
2. How might I vary the fonts and for emphasis, such as the title?
  • I will use some bold and italics for both formatting issues and impact. For names drops and evidence highlights
3. Is the feeling or tone that the image invokes appropriate to the visual-rhetoric of my argument?
  • All of the images I am using are actually part of my article so yes they do exactly what I want them to do. 
  • Pictures of the different types of cameras could be interesting, but it wouldn't be distracting so thats good. 
4. Is the image in close proximity to the issue or is it illustrating?
  •  The image is in close proximity and also helps illustrate the point that I am trying to make. 
5.  If you're project contains lines or large blocks of text, could they be broken up into text boxes or something?
  • I plan on using video elements so thats how the large texts boxes will be broken up. 
6.  If you are calling your audience to take action, are the consequences of not taking action expressed?
  •  I am calling for my audience to take action and the consequences of not taking action are illustrated already because of the state that the industry is in, the good things about taking action are expressed 
Reflection:

I read Savannah's and Morgan's blog posts and found that they both had thought about their choices on visual images and elements very deeply. This will make their projects look good but will pay off because it will subconsciously draw their readers into their arguments. 

1 comment:

  1. Your plans for incorporating visual elements match up well with the purpose of your project. The inclusion of videos to break up the text blocks is a unique style choice that I think will do a good job of capturing your audience's attention. It seems like you are attempting to give everything a positive tone to encourage compromise and moderation within the controversy.

    ReplyDelete