Sunday, November 22, 2015

Reflection on project three

In the following blog post I reflect on project three
Screenshot by Dylan Cotter 11/22/2015 Public Domain Usage

1. What was changed from one draft to the other.

The biggest change was that I added video interviews and switched out many of the pictures. Some formatting changes were made. I originally had "then he usually gets what he wants. I propose that..." as one continues paragraph, but instead I broke it up into two separate paragraphs.

2. Point to global changes

My project doesn't have a thesis because of the informal nature of the article. I never restructured my article that much from the beginning. The most global change was the addition of the videos which gave it my personal touch for my public argument.

3. What led you to these changes?

My peer reviewers, my redrafting of how the essay was written (3rd person to first person) and also my reconsidering of audience. Both digital and film filmmakers should read this and therefore I need to consider the pros and cons of both sides.

4. How do these changes affect your credibility as an author?

Being able to draft and redraft only adds to my credibility as an author. Also how I am able to draw from my experiences of working on both sides of the spectrum, adds to my credibility again. This is a deep and meaningful topic to me and I really wanted to do it right.

5. How will these changes better address the audience or the venue?

Hopefully these changes will make the audience take my argument more seriously and make them take my point to heart. Also my just focusing on my opinions and my experiences it comes from a place of experience and not of judgement.

6. Point to local changes, structure and style.

Most of the local revisions were just sentence structures and grammatical revisions. Simple formatting changes.

7. How did these changes assist your audience in understanding your purpose?

Because the document has all the words spelled correctly and grammatically correct structures, they will know that this article wasn't written by a five year old. And that it has a degree of professionalism to it.

8. Did you have to reconsider the conventions of the genre when you were writing in?

Not really, I had to consider the amount of pictures to include as conventionally there isn't as many pictures as I put, but I considered against it as pictures were needed for this argument.

9. Finally how does the process of reflection help you consider your identity as a writer?

Revision is important part of the writing process because eventually you get so caught up in what you are writing that you won't notice the mistakes or if something is not explained correctly. Revision can help you catch these mistakes and make the strength of the paper better.

No comments:

Post a Comment