Saturday, December 5, 2015

New Open Letter

In the following blog post I start my final

HERE IS THE LINK TO THE NEWEST VERSION

I want my peer reviewers to focus on my potential in this letter. My intro and if it seems to formal or not. I want to specifically focus on how the skills that have been taught to us in this course will benefit us down the road. Even if you can't see how right away. Kinda like when you ask a math teacher 'when are we ever gunna use this?" My thesis statement still needs some work but the overall message and the argument in it will remain the same. Thank you .


An open letter to the professors and the students of 109H,

To those whom it may concern. The courses you take in college will actually become important later on in your life. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but sometime real soon. Eventually everyone will need to write a paper on something, a summary of the work they have been doing, an annual report or all kinds of work. So the skills taught in this class will be vital to that.

English 109H has been the most challenging but also the best English class that I have ever taken. It has caused me to change my writing style and also how I handle time and assignments. A lot of the skills that I needed to develop will translate to the real world hugely.

Time management skills- all courses and careers.

Rhetorical situation- Using the contest audience and author to judge how to write a paper and how to assess the credibility of a work.

Researching papers- Researching credible sources to include in my projects.

thank you

I peer review Ayra and Mehruba's posts

3 comments:

  1. I would make this a little longer
    You can do this my going in more detail
    How can you expand on your time management?
    I also suggest adding something about your skills and weaknesses in the class

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, how can you expand this to the future and how will affect your life later on

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a very strong introduction with a hook that brings us readers in. Consider your audience...you might not need the "to whom it might concern" part. Your thesis seems to be present, but you don't have any summary or analysis. This seems like an outline, but thats okay. Try to use quotations in your work and maybe put in some secondary sources. You don't have any transitions or a conclusion, but when you write them try to keep in mind the skills you listed! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete