Saturday, December 5, 2015

Reflecting more on my writing process

In the following blog post I reflect further on my writing process
screenshot by Dylan Cotter "vinny" 12/5/15 Public domain Usage

1. What were the biggest challenges you faced this semester overall?

My biggest challenge was absolutely the time management of this class. The amount of work is substantial for this course and getting it all done is a big challenge so using my time to my advantage is a key skill so that was the biggest challenge by far. But also the keeping up with the work trying not to fall behind.

2. What did you learn this semester about your own time management and editorial skills?

I learned that my skills mainly fall in the actual writing process. Not the planning, thats not my strong suit, and not in the revision process. But the actual writing and ideas I have a good time in. My editorial skills lack because I am too in my own head and I know what the sentence should say... but i end up passing it by.

3. What do you know about the concept of genre?

Genre is the form of writing that the are in. Much like country songs vs rap songs vs alternative songs. Its like an essay, vs a blog, vs an article. The kind of genre that you are writing in can have a huge impact on how you write.

4. What kind of skills can you take forward for future courses?

Obviously time management skills are paramount for all courses. But researching genre, considering audience, and the rhetorical situations were all huge in this course and can all be transferred to future courses easily and will improve my writing there.

5. What was your most effective moment?

I think that my project three was my most effective moment. I put a lot of work into it and used all of the skills that the class has taught me. The grade I received reflects the work that I put in, I used more than one of the media genres to portray my point.

6. What was your least effective moment?

I think my annotated bibliography was my least effective moment. Even though I received full marks for it, I never really used it too much after the assignment and I probably should have because it would have been helpful.


1 comment:

  1. Chất lượng của Sàn gỗ châu âu chịu nước Kronopolvietnam.com: Mỗi dòng sản phẩm ván sàn công nghiệp sẽ có chất lượng khác nhau với mức giá khác nhau để phù hợp với nhu cầu sử dụng của người tiêu dùng.

    ReplyDelete