Saturday, September 19, 2015

Reflection on Project one draft

In the following blog post I reflect on the process of drafting a QRG. I also read and peer edited Morgan and Mehruba's QRGs. While they both did widely different topics than each other and me, everyone can learn from everyone's QRGs. Morgan used personal and familiar responses with connects with the reader, she included pictures of the University of Arizona which makes it more relevant to the reader. Mehruba included graphs and easy to read paragraphs. It is good and concise information. Both of these strategies I will try to employ in my writing. Here are their QRG drafts with my comments Morgan Mehruba
Screenshot taken by Dylan Cotter 9/19/2015 Audience Public Domain Usage
Audience:

1. Who am I trying to reach? Who will be reading this?

Mainly my english 109H classmates will be reading this along with my professor. However the QRG is written in a way that everyone should be able to read this and understand what is happening with my controversy.

2. What are their values/expectation? Are you meeting them?

People expect to get their information when they go to a QRG. People want to understand why something happened and then understand deeper. They expect information quickly and accurately. I believe I am meeting their expectations because I use the PIE structure for paragraphs so the answer to the question in the sub header is answered within the first few sentences.

3. How much information should I provide/ How much background?

Because it is a QRG it requires a certain amount of background information, however, people are searching for a QRG because they want to learn about something further, so therefore they already know a certain amount. Also since it isn't an academic paper people don't want to be reading for ever so information should be concise.

4. What Kind of tone?

The tone should be informational but also not looking down on those reading. A friendly but informative tone that doesn't turn people off the topic or blog. this ties into the choosing appropriate language topic in clarity part 1

5. What kind of language?

A QRG is open to all the internet to read, so swearing (unless in a quote) is most likely not a good idea, also sounding like you're talking down to someone will not win you any fans.

Context

1. What are the formatting requirements?

The QRG conventions include, paragraph form, subheadings, images, and a title, and yes I do have all of those.

2. What are the content requirements?

QRG's are designed to inform on a single topic. So people reading my blog will want to know what happened with the 2015 Oscar nominations. I believe I meet these requirements but I will look at the rubric again.

3. Does my draft acknowledge skills I learned in class along with my own ideas.

Yes I believe it does one I never did write a blog before so it is a new writing style and also I've never hyperlinked before so I learned how to do that.

4. Have I addressed grammatical issues?

Yes, I preformed revisions and fixed a lot of the grammatical issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment