Sunday, October 11, 2015

Practicing summary and paraphrase

In the following blog post I practice paraphrasing and summarizing a direct quote from here.

"I think it is the death key, I think it is the death rattle, I do, And I even have a whole other aspect of it. For me, I always believed in the magic of movies. And to me, the magic of movies is connected to 35mm". This is the quote I will be working with, here is the original source of this quote.

My paraphrase:

Quentin Tarantino gives an impassioned title to the digital age, and an equally impassioned reason why film is better. Crowning digital the death of film, he cites his experience of believing in silver screen magic and how that feeling is connected to a traditional 35mm film roll.

My summary:

Tarantino uses strong language purposefully and meaningfully to express is distaste in digital filmmaking. He then continues to explain that the movie magic and movie experience is connected to traditional film.
Screenshot taken by Dylan Cotter 10/11/15 "Steal" Public Domain Usage

No comments:

Post a Comment