Thursday, October 22, 2015

Punctuation Pt 2

In the following blog I respond to three more topic about punctuation.
Screenshot taken by Dylan Cotter "Murray is trash" 10/22/15 Public Domain Usage

The apostrophe:

Whenever I type out or write "it's" I always say in my head "it is" that way I find that I never really mess up "its" and "it's". Also your and you're, the most commonly pointed out error on social media, I never found that I ever had trouble with


  • Mack was singing about how “there’s gold in them hills!”
  • This excerpt from my essay shows how the apostrophe in There's abbreviates "there is"

Quotation marks:

This section added a little bit of humor to this homework session. Not from the text itself but from the use of what the text is talking about. The sarcasm that quotes can infer came me chuckle a little bit. As far as using quotation marks, I have sometimes had trouble with it, but this helped clear it up for me.

  • When the interviewer asks Tarantino what he believes about film vs digital, he says passionately says “I think it’s the death key… I think it’s the death rattle”.
  • This is a good example of how I use quotes in my essay.
Other punctuation marks:

The only part of tis sections that is even relevant to my situation and rhetorical analysis is the brackets and ellipses marks. An ellipses is a way to show that the author has eliminated words from the quote that they are employing. Also brackets can be helpful in that they can show that an author has replaced or added a word to the quote in order to clarify or imply something.

No comments:

Post a Comment